Wednesday, September 16, 2015

"Fiona's Dollies Need A Quilt Too"

About a six months ago I made a quilt for a young friend of mine named Fiona. Even though she is 7-years old and I am 50-something years old, we made a strong connection.  I call her my "Kindred Spirit", like Ann of Green Gables referred to her friend Diana, or as the dictionary defines Kindred: Associated by origin, nature, qualities, etc.  Funny thing is, she loves all animals, especially dogs, but I do not enjoy the company of dogs.  She like bugs and other crawly things, I do not.  But we do have a special connection.  Apparently her mother told me that she listens to everything I say and takes my word as "gospel", so I really need to be careful what I say around her.
One day I Fiona and I had a conversation about her dollies and stuffed animals, and she said that she had a small dolly crib for her special "babies".  I started thinking about the fact that I had some extra fabric left over from her quilt, so I told her that I think that her babies needed a quilt too, and she agreed.
Below is a picture of Fiona's quilt, her quilt label, and the "Fiona's Dollies Need A Quilt Too" quilt.  It's small enough that I can quilt it on my machine, and since it's for her dolls and stuffed animals, I don't think that they will mind if there's a mistake or two in the quilting.






No comments:

Post a Comment