Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sampler Shuffle



The Moda Sampler Shuffle. What is it? Moda is a brand of fabric very popular among quilters. It is a challenge offered by my local quilt store here in Livermore, In Between Stitches.  On their blog is posted 2 or 3 new squares each week with instructions to finish.  It's a 10 week challenge, and at the end of the 10 weeks you have enough sampler squares to complete a quilt top.
These 3 squares are the assignment for week 1.  I also finished week 2, using some of the fabric my sister Frances bought for me in a grab bag.  Thanks Frances!!
Each square is 6 1/2", and yes, I'm making it scrappy, but in brights, not pastels.  I'm going to try to include black and white in each square. Some squares require 3 colors, in that case I will add color.
This is really fun, helps me learn new techniques.
I'll keep posting as I finish more squares......that is if I can keep up!


No comments:

Post a Comment